Quinoa and roasted vegetables
Quick and simple to make, use any veg that you have. Quinoa is gluten free, and a complete protein containing Magnesium, phosphorus and Iron, defined by the UN as a superfood.
What to do:
What to do:
- I used courgettes, onion, green pepper, garlic gloves (skin taken off) and tomatoes but you can use any vegetables that you have.
- Cut the veg into chunks and put in an oven proof dish with some sea salt and olive oil.
- Put in the oven at 200 degrees for about 30 mins or until you see the veg is roasted.
- Meanwhile, put the quinoa into a pan - one cup of quinoa to two cups of water - a teaspoon of sea salt and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, allow to simmer until you see the little tails separate from the quinoa, it will have doubled in size.
- Put on a lid and turn off the heat. Keep the lid on so that the quinoa can steam and soak up the remaining water.
- fluff the quinoa with a fork. Then add it to the roasted veg. Mix.
- Stir in half a lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh herbs eg. parsley, coriander, basil...
- That's it. Enjoy.
© Enjoy Harmony
Yoga, Massage & Nutritional Therapy in
Aberfoyle & Glasgow